Select Your Language

April 22, 2008

Kindred Spirit

Have you ever met someone and felt like you've known them for a long time? I had that experience today with someone I just met. It's interesting how Timothy and Paul had that kind of relationship and Paul makes note of it in Philippians Chapter 2. Check it out from the Amplified

Philippians 2:19,20 Amplified Bible

19But I hope and trust in the Lord Jesus soon to send Timothy to you, so that I may also be encouraged and cheered by learning news of you.
20For I have no one like him [no one of so kindred a spirit] who will be so genuinely interested in your welfare and devoted to your interests.

Timothy picked up the Spirit that was on Paul and caused a kindredness between the two of them. I believe that Timothy took Paul at his word when Paul said, "Follow me as I follow Christ". So often we want a double portion of the anointing but we're not willing to go through the servanthood necessary to receive that anointing. We think, "If I could just get to the meeting where such and such is ministering and he'd lay his hands on me, then I'd get their anointing." I believe there is an element of truth in that but the double portion came upon Elisha because he passionately served the man of God in his life, Elijah. When you have relationships like these they are very precious. I'd encourage you to guard them with all your abilities. Someone that has the same spirit you have can walk with you, help you, receive help from you, and even finish your thoughts for you. Things will move forward in God's kingdom faster when we are all in one mind and one accord. This oneness of thought allows us as God's chosen people to be much more effective to accomplish God's purposes in the Earth.
Back to the Jubilee Family Church Website

No comments: