|Abundant Life Today Media|
Podcast: Play in New Window | Download
To watch the video, click here.
God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him in faith. We cannot come to God unless he draws us. When he draws us and reveals himself we will be changed forever.
1. Seek God
2. See the Holiness of God
3. See yourself as in need
4. Receive atonement forgiveness and value
5. Enter obedient service
Isaiah’s sin Atoned for
“Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.” 4 At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke. 5 “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty.” 6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.” 8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”
1. Seek God
2 Chronicles 16:9a
For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.
2. We Must See God in His Holiness
- Isaiah saw God in a heavenly vision. (Isaiah 6:1-4)
- Holiness means set apart or special and unique. (Do you see God in his holiness or is he the “Man Upstairs?”; or maybe “The Big J.C.?)
- This is why worship in Spirit and in Truth (Jn. 4:24) is so very important. This will thrust us into God’s presence where we can be challenged and changed.
- No one can be saved unless the Spirit of God draws them. (John 6:44)
- No one can be saved unless Jesus is revealed to them.
No one can be saved unless Jesus is revealed to them.
- Mark 15:39 And when the centurion, who stood there in front of Jesus, saw how he died, he said, “Surely this man was the Son of God!”
*Jesus Son of David Have Mercy on me
- Blind Bartimaeus
- Mark 10:52 your faith has healed (sozo’d) you.
*The Thief on the cross
- Luke 23:41 41 We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”
- Matthew 16:16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
3. See yourself as in need
Isaiah saw himself as guilty, insignificant and in need of a savior when he clearly saw the Lord.
Sin, aroused by the Law is designed to create hopelessness in an individual driving them to Christ. (Rom. 7:8)
If a person doesn’t see a need they will not look to find a solution to their problem.
Everyone has a different “rock bottom”.
The philosophy of humanism teaches that man is inherently good. Humanism is the “religion” of many people in our country.
Many “good” people will not make it to heaven because they will stand before God with their sinful nature still intact before him.
4. Receive atonement forgiveness and God esteem.
When almighty God says your sins are forgiven it is tremendously empowering.
This forgiveness is a form of approval by God himself. When God is for us who can be against us. Again very empowering. (Rom 8:31)
Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?
5. Enter Service
After Isaiah saw a glimpse of God’s holiness, was forgiven for his sin and empowered he was immediately motivated to be sent into service for the Lord. God commissioned him as a prophet.
They can’t hear unless there’s a preacher (Romans 10:14)
Romans 12:1,2 also shows a similar pattern we see in Isaiah 6
1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
We see the holiness, our sinfulness, the atoning sacrifice of the Lord here. What follows this?
Offering our bodies as a living sacrifice. Here am I, send me!
God’s not mad at you!
If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ God is not mad at you. His justice has been satisfied toward you in the suffering of Jesus.
1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
We need a good look at God’s Holiness, mercy and kindness. When immersed in God we will be changed from the inside out.
This Change is nothing short of God himself working to will and to accomplish his good purposes through us.
- We would Seek God
- Then God would show us himself in holiness.
- We would comparatively see ourselves in the light of God’s holiness recognizing our own need.
- God would extend us mercy because it’s in his heart to be kind and merciful.
- We filled with gratitude would enter service, lovingly building God’s kingdom faithfully obeying the voice of the one we have come to love.
Visit with us at Jubilee Family Church this Sunday at 10:15 AM (Central Standard Time U.S.A.) and Wednesday evening at 6:30 PM (Central Standard Time U.S.A.) If you can't be with us in person please visit via internet video on Jubilee T.V.If you live in Batesville please tune into KBAP 88.1 FM to listen to contemporary worship music.
Jubilee Family Church
45 Thunderbird Dr.
Batesville, AR 72501