Select Your Language

February 2, 2009

Congregation Appreciation Day

To watch the video of this sermon CLICK HERE!
Why Jubilee Family Church is a Great Church!

1. I’m supposed to be here, this is where God wants me and I don’t want to be anywhere God doesn’t want me to be.

A friend asked me, “How are you doing?” I said, “I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be, doing exactly what I’m supposed to be doing; at the right time; I’m doing great. Thanks for asking.”

Knowing the Word of the Lord
Matthew 16:18
And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.
The Rock of Revelation Knowledge. Knowing who Christ is and Knowing the Voice of God for your Specific Situation.
1 Corinthians 14:12So it is with you. Since you are eager to have spiritual gifts, try to excel in gifts that build up the church.

Prophecy is the spiritual gift that builds up the church.
Prophecy is hearing God’s voice and declaring it verbally.

Apostle Clay Nash is hosting a Prophetic Activation Conference
Feb Wed. 4th – Fri. 6th 7:00 PM
Feb Saturday 7th 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM

It’s important that we settle this issue in our hearts. If we don’t we’ll be double minded.


James 1:8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.


In the book Commitment to Conquer the author describes his lack of commitment to his church. He got the revelation that he needed to commit himself to the people and the land where God had called him instead of having a grass is always greener mentality.
He and his Wife bought grave plots in the city where they pastor and God began to move in their church as a result of their commitment to the area God had given them responsibility for.

If this is the area and church where God’s called me. I have a responsibility to make sure it not only survives but thrives.
It blesses me so much when people come up to me and say, “Pastor, I want to help. What can I do?” I’ve got 3 hours a week I want to put in and get involved in some way.
It also blesses me when people give in offerings. I know where most of us are financially and to still be generous is a testimony to the healthy spiritual climate of our church.


Give like the Macedonians the ultimate Givers
2 Corinthians 8:1-5
And now, brothers, we want you to know about the grace that God has given the Macedonian churches. 2Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. 3For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own, 4they urgently pleaded with us for the privilege of sharing in this service to the saints. 5And they did not do as we expected, but they gave themselves first to the Lord and then to us in keeping with God's will.

Heart felt giving starts with Grace from God. 2 Corinthians 8:1
Grace is the substance of God that hits a persons soul and causes them to do things that put God first over themselves.
I believe we position ourselves to receive Grace by communing with the Father and other Godly people.
If you ask someone to give and they don’t have the grace to do it, it will make them grumpy, angry or whatever. However if they have the grace to give when they are met with a project or a need they are prompt to do it, eager to support and help.

When grace comes and we’re obedient we become illogical givers. Look at the Macedonian situation they found themselves in for giving in verse 2.


1. Severe Trial
2. Extreme Poverty

Let’s brainstorm for a minute and come up with some severe trials.

Extreme Poverty-
This doesn’t mean the food stamps have run low. This means there are no food stamps and there haven’t been any food stamps. No shoes, barely any clothes. Shelter is poor if any. Perhaps the equivalent of a cardboard box or a natural shelter like a cave.

From this natural circumstance came two interesting responses.

1. Overflowing Joy
2. Rich Generosity
Have you ever considered the poor kids who kick around a balled up piece of newspaper as their only toy and have a great time?

I think about how my own children responded to not having any electricity for a couple days. They did pretty good but we had some sticky moments of complaining about boredom. I reminded them that this is what it was like 150 years ago in America and tried to teach them something.

Overflowing Joy is a joy that is too big to hold yourself. It flows over to others with kind words, smiles, and encouragement.

Rich generosity is just a tangible expression of overflowing Joy. Nothing says I love you like a gift. It’s a tangible expression of a heart that is filled with God’s grace and is overflowing with joy.

2. The People of Jubilee Family Church are Friendly and Kind


I have never been around a nicer group of people in my life. Everyone has been so kind to Andrea and I. It’s absolutely precious how you all treat us and others. I can’t say enough how blessed we are to be here with you all.

I wish there were more hours in the day so we could fellowship together more often. I encourage you to get involved as a home group leader or attend a home group. This is the pattern I believe God wants us to use so we can share the Grace we’ve received with others outside of our church body and thus expand the Kingdom of God into other hearts.

Proverbs 21:9Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.
What price can you put on peace? That’s the environment we have here. It’s priceless.

Your kindness to us is a direct reflection of God working in you. Kindness is a fruit of the Spirit.


Colossians 3:12Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

My experience with the people of Jubilee Family church has been according to Colossians 3:12
1. Compassion
2. Kindness
3. Humility
4. Gentleness
5. Patience

1. From the moment I arrived on January 15th 2007 we’ve been treated with nothing but compassion. Compassion to us and especially our children. This means a lot to us.

2. No one has ever been mean spirited toward us. We’ve had some issues to work out but everyone has always been redemptive, not condescending, rude or cruel.

3. Humility is the key to greatness and we have yet to run into an arrogant person in this church body. It is truly a good environment for us to minister as well as for new people to feel welcome when they come in.

4. I haven’t heard a harsh word from anyone either. Your gentleness has been evident to me. Thank You

5. Patience-Being a younger pastor you all have put up with my personality and quirks. I very much appreciate your patience toward me. I realize when I first came you didn’t know me and you’ve really embraced us. We feel so welcome here.

3. We have a big vision, and if our vision is God’s vision there will be provision.


All I can do is attempt to hear God’s voice for our church and start walking it out in obedience to his voice.
It’s wonderfully exciting for me actually.
I desire to have a church that is relevant to a lost and dying world and reaching out practically with authenticity at a steady pace causing consistent growth in depth and width.


Depth-Personal growth, loving God more, learning more about him daily, becoming empowered for ministry.


Width-Numbers

I’m very pleased with the way the Holy Spirit has been visiting us in various ways in our services.
I’m also very pleased with the number of people we’ve had the opportunity to water baptize.

God is moving.
A lot of this has to do with His desire and our faith that expresses itself through prayer, and worship.

I’m excited about the literacy council. This is a ministry that we started to help fulfill the vision of the Church by practically helping people. What better way to help someone than to teach them how to read and write. I like hand up ministries much more than hand out ministries.

The Literacy Council represents the beginning of a multi phase learning/equipping center. I desire to practically help people get into the ministry as a vocation. If this is a persons desire I want us to help them by providing an environment that will prepare them spiritually, academically as well as providing a hands on dimension.

We are going to help facilitate anyone who wants to go to Bible College by opening up our computer lab and helping people get enrolled into Oral Roberts University’s distance learning program.
The church can help create accountability, encouragement and synergy for online learners that they wouldn’t have if they went out on their own.

I believe the Voice of Batesville, The Church blog and the 2 radio stations are going to make an impact in the area of media in our region.
As we endeavor to reach people we have the opportunity to reach into their homes and vehicles. I believe this gives us an incredible opportunity to touch lives with the Gospel message.
The stations coupled with the blogs give us a way to hear back from people to really interact with them.

Jubilee Family Church

No comments: