Select Your Language

February 17, 2010

The Power of the Tongue

Life and Death

Proverbs 18:21
The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.

Psalm 19:14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Jesus Spoke in Faith to Situations
Jesus Operated in the faith principles found in Mark 11:23 and Matthew 17:20 while on the Earth.

Mark 11:23 
23"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him.

Matthew 17:20
20He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Jesus spoke to demons, to sick people, to storms, to trees, even to the dead. As he spoke to them in faith they responded to his faith and authority.


We're called to be like Jesus
Ephesians 5:1
1Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children
This faith and authority isn’t just for Jesus, it's for us also, look at the amazing truth below in John 14:12
John 14:12
12I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

The Apostles flow in faith and speak to situations
Acts 3:4-7
4Peter looked straight at him, as did John. Then Peter said, "Look at us!" 5So the man gave them his attention, expecting to get something from them.  6Then Peter said, "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk." 7Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man's feet and ankles became strong.

Today
Amazingly Jesus has told us we can have what we say, if we say it in faith. (Mark 11:23) but our meditation and speech is on what we have, our circumstances.

As long as you say what you have you will have what you say. However, you can have what you say if you learn to release faith from the heart in your words.
Matthew 8:13
13Then Jesus said to the centurion, "Go! It will be done just as you believed it would." And his servant was healed at that very hour.

The Word of God conceived in the human heart and then spoken in faith has amazing power to shift things into proper heavenly alignment.

The Devil is a defeated foe but still operates where He’s not challenged.

Colossians 2:15
15And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

Words can create faith like faith creates words. If you don’t have faith find a scripture and begin to declare that word over your life until faith is birthed in your heart. Then when you speak the word with faith you will see God move in the miraculous.

Faith can move mountains in any area of life. However let’s take a look at the area of identity. Who you are in Christ.

People have all kinds of ideas and tend to believe all kinds of lies about themselves as it relates to their identity in Christ. The following scriptures should help a person walk in victory of a false self image.

One of the enemies tactics is to get us to believe lies about ourselves.

1 Peter 5:8 Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

Scriptures to help you understand

I am faithful (Ephesians 1:1)
I am God's child (John 1:12)
I have been justified (Romans 5:1)
I am Christ's friend (John 15:15)
I belong to God (1 Corinthians 6:20)
I am a member of Christ's Body (1 Corinthians 12:27)
I am assured all things work together for good (Romans 8:28)
I have been established, anointed and sealed by God (2 Corinthians 1:21-22)
I am confident that God will perfect the work He has begun in me (Philippians 1:6)
I am a citizen of heaven (Philippians 3:20)
I am hidden with Christ in God (Colossians 3:3)
I have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love and self-discipline (2 Timothy 1:7)
I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me (1 John 5:18)
I am blessed in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing (Ephesians 1:3)
I am chosen before the creation of the world (Ephesians 1:4, 11)
I am holy and blameless (Ephesians 1:4)
I am adopted as his child (Ephesians 1:5)
I am given God's glorious grace lavishly and without restriction (Ephesians 1:5,8)
I am in Him (Ephesians 1:7; 1 Corinthians 1:30)
I have redemption (Ephesians 1:8)
I am forgiven (Ephesians 1:8; Colossians 1:14)
I have purpose (Ephesians 1:9 & 3:11)
I have hope (Ephesians 1:12)
I am included (Ephesians 1:13)
I am sealed with the promised Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13)
I am a saint (Ephesians 1:18)
I am salt and light of the earth (Matthew 5:13-14)
I have been chosen and God desires me to bear fruit (John 15:1,5)
I am a personal witness of Jesus Christ (Acts 1:8)
I am God's coworker (2 Corinthians 6:1)

If you'd like to learn more about becoming a Christian please click here.

Visit with us at Jubilee Family Church this Sunday at 10:00 AM Central Standard Time U.S.A. or Wednesday evening at 6:30 PM Central Standard Time U.S.A. or via internet video on Jubilee T.V.

Jubilee Family Church
45 Thunderbird Dr.
Batesville, AR 72501
(870) 793-9124


View Larger Map
by Tony V. Hammack

No comments: