Select Your Language

April 1, 2009

KCCJ - 106.9 FM Making Progress

I wanted to give everyone a brief update on the status of 106.9 - KCCJ. I received the wrong cable ends from my supplier so I decided to hook up my kit transmitter to the 50 foot antenna. The signal improved quite a bit. As I was driving the kids to school yesterday (Tuesday) I could pick up a pretty strong signal in our van from the studio all the way to the airport at Southside. I was impressed with the coverage because it's only coming from a 1 watt transmitter! We are licensed at 36 watts by the FCC so our coverage area should really improve when the proper wire ends come in and I hook them up.

The big question everyone asks is, "How far will the station reach?" My typical answer is I'll hook everything up and see how far it goes but if 1 Watt can cover 1/2 of Batesville with a decent signal I believe 36 watts should get the job done. Obviously this is great news. I'm listening right now and if you're on the West side of Batesville try and tune the station in. My van could pick the station up at Pilgrims Pride but 2 smaller radios in the plant could not. It's still in the formative stages so there is a lot of tweaking that will go on but glorious praise to the King of Kings is being played now.

Share the station with a friend so we can build up our listenership and thus the influence of the Kingdom of God!

Jubilee Family Church

No comments: