Select Your Language

April 30, 2008

Today and Tonight


Well I had a very eventful day.

I got to the gym today at 7:00 AM and worked out with Jeff. We pushed it pretty hard but I got out of there relatively early.

I jumped in my green machine and headed over to the church where I watered our recently transplanted Barberry bush (Thanks Ray) and also noticed we had another bush that is absolutely beautifully in bloom. I don't know what the bush is called but it was amazing. I took a couple pictures with my cell phone. I had a really nice talk with Steve Chism about putting in an alarm system at the church as well. Steve's a really cool brother who is filled up with the Spirit of God.

From there I headed over to Fred's Fish house to have some lunch with Gary Brock and Jerry Cook. Jerry is a fish addict so we had to go to Fred's. The meal was good and the service was even better.

After lunch I headed back over to the church to try and tackle a project that I've been needing to get to for a long time. I want to stream our church services live over the Internet and haven't been able to do it so I decided today, I was going to figure it out. Well after about 5 hours of studying, configuring walking back and forth and port forwarding I still haven't figured it out but I believe I will. I'm still in the experimental phase with the video streaming but I was able to stream video from the sanctuary into the office so if I can figure out how to configure our router and IP address properly I'm pretty sure we can get a video stream outside of the building. That would be a great way to amplify the ministries of Jubilee Family Church outside our four walls. Anyone anywhere in the world could "tune" into our service via the Internet. Right now they'll have to sit in the Church office to see the feed. That kind of defeats the purpose. (That was supposed to be funny, imagine a bunch of people from all over the world coming to our church on a Sunday morning and piling in the office when they could just come the rest of the way into the sanctuary) OK if you have to explain it, it's not funny anymore.

From my attempt at live web casting I headed over to Fitzhugh park to watch Brooke play a T-ball game. The park is packed and there's such a nice family friendly environment at the park. I really enjoy those game nights. We meet a bunch of nice people and enjoy the opportunities that the Lord puts before us. Andrea really has an evangelistic anointing on her. So I hung out at the park with the family as they all went their separate ways. Once we finally reeled them all in we were heading for the house. When we got home the phone rang. It was Carlotta Brown who told me that sister Helen had some type of stroke. Well I finished my strange dinner and headed out the door to the hospital. As I was driving over there I was praying about the word of the Lord for Sister Helen. I explained to my sister Connie, over my cell phone, how nice sister Helen is. I was really believing for a good report but heard that she'd had what seemed like some kind of stroke.

When I got to the hospital I got to meet Ryan. Ryan is Sister Helen's grandson who we've been praying for for months and months. He's recently back from Iraq and I just want to say how much I appreciate all the people in the military who put themselves on the line for those of us who are in the U.S. "holding down the fort". Thank you Ryan!

Any how sister Helen had trouble articulating sentences when I came into her room at the White River Medical Center. Her daughter Lou Ann was there and we prayed with Sis. Helen for a long time. I didn't really feel called to say much, just to hold her hand and see in my spirit the healing taking place in her nervous system and in her arteries. After quite a long time of silence we prayed a short prayer and I mean in no time Sister Helen was back to her old (39 year old) self again. When Ron and Carlotta came in they prayed a prayer of agreement with Lou Ann and myself and in no time Sister Helen was ribbing Ron like she was in Sunday school class. I really love Sister Helen and to see her doing well made me very happy. God is wonderful and is exceedingly, abundantly, able to do more than we ask think or imagine. I'm so glad to be a part of God's family and know that I serve the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He is mighty to save!
Home

2 comments:

Carol Van Atta, Princess Warrior said...

God bless you and your ministry.

ROBERT said...

Good Day,
I,ve search for those who read RICHDAD books, I saw that you already did and I Thank you for that.
I would like invite you to read some of my posts about my current views..
Thank you.